Call for Artists for Group Show
Deadline for entry is July 30th
We are looking for artists who are interested in showing their work at the Maury Young Arts Centre as part of three exhibits this fall in September, October and November. We are looking for artists to submit their work to be part of these group exhibitions and are proposing several theme ideas for the three shows.
The proposed themes are:
- On The High Seas – Ocean and pirate themed art work
- The Great White North – Mountain Culture, all things Canada and winter; skiing and snowboarding, snowy landscapes, Cabins, Canadiana, hockey…
- See you in Hell – Interpretations of the afterlife
- Canada 150 – Open interpretation
- Bursting the Bubble – Art work that you wouldn’t typically associated with Whistler
- Robots and Unicorns – pop culture exhibition
- Yard Sale – Out with the old and in with the newHeld in November before the Holiday season – Artists would be asked to create at least one piece each using found or recycled materials (think old paintings, furniture, bikes, skis, sculptures, clothing. The possibilities are endless). In addition to this they would also be able to submit any original art that they wish to sell at a discounted rate to clear out their studios and make space for new work.
Please sign up for as little or as many of them as you like, just make sure that you have or can create art work that fits within your selected themes. The themes that are found to be the most popular will go ahead. Artists will be contacted if their work is accepted.
The Gallery at the Arts Centre – Open call – ongoing
Are you looking for a venue to showcase your work in Whistler Village? The Gallery is available to artists to exhibit their work. Arts Whistler is accepting ideas and applications for group shows on an ongoing basis (group shows are preferred; however, artists may apply individually and Arts Whistler may offer the opportunity for a solo applicant to be paired with a group show). Arts Whistler is accepting proposals, in every medium including painting, new media, large sculpture, fiber art, film etc. from students, emerging artists, professional artists and everyone in between.
The Gallery includes two secure glass display cases and two plinths which are available for exhibition purposes. These can hold both small and large items. Large-scale sculptural work and installations will also be considered. The Gallery also has one flat screen television and a state-of-the-art projector, both of which are capable of playing high-def videos and professional-grade slideshows.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and all applications will be filed for future openings in The Gallery. Successful artists will be contacted via email.
*Kindly note: we are unable to spontaneously view portfolios during business hours and meetings with artists will not be conducted prior to portfolio review.
The Gift Shop at the Arts Centre – Open call – ongoing
Arts Whistler is looking for submissions from artists and artisans who would like to showcase their work in our main floor Gift Shop, with the possibility of selling their work.
We accept work from permanent residents of the Sea to Sky Corridor; those living between Lions Bay and Lillooet. In order to sell work in the Gift Shop we ask that artists and artisans complete the online application form. Only those forms that are completed in full will be considered for selection. Applications will be reviewed by a jury. Successful applicants will be contacted via email.
All work should be of a fine art quality. Eligible mediums can include: sculpture, stone, clay, metal, pottery, fibre, mixed media, wood, music CDs, books, fine art jewellery. We also accept cards and prints that are reproductions of original silkscreens, photography or fine art paintings. Sorry, we are not accepting beaded jewellery at this time.
For more calls for entry, please visit the Arts Whistler website.